There are so many beautiful things that its impossible to say what the top ten things would be. Everyone has a slightly different way they perceive beauty. Our own beliefs shape how we see beauty.
I spent some time musing about all the beautiful things and decided to list some that are surely some of the most beautiful things I have seen or experienced. And it is only a very few as there is infinite beauty in the universe.
1. Becoming human. Our journey from the heavens includes becoming mortal. To become a human is to feel pain and love, happiness and joy, sadness and worry and all the emotions. But mostly it is becoming mortal that is the big part and thus the beginning of the list of most beautiful things in the universe.
2. Conception. Conception is the union of two souls to become one and for a human one of the most magical and mysterious of all events and thus most beautiful.
3. Birth of a child. For anyone that has witnessed childbirth, or as a mother experienced it, this is easy to see. It is the transformation into the real world, the first breath of air and the beginning of hunger, and independence.
4. A baby crying. It is the innocence and suffering of a baby that calls for beauty. For one that witnesses a baby crying it brings out the deepest compassion and desire to comfort. To see that the baby had its whole life ahead and all the experiences ahead of it, is a beautiful thing indeed. A baby laughing is beautiful, and a well known beauty, yet the crying is also as it gives one a chance to ponder deep into the power of pain and the glory of life.
5. The Earth. The earth itself is glorious beauty with all the elements to create and sustain life. From the beautiful clouds and weather to the mountains, stream and oceans, the plants and the animals, the earth is alive and most beautiful.
6. A Smile. As Shivangi Thakur said on Quora, "Beauty of smile lies in the purity of heart. Your smile is the mirror or reflection of your heart. It doesn't depend on the external goodness , it somehow connected to your inner charm. If you can make happy a crying kid with your smile then indeed your smile is beautiful. If you can take away all the tension of your beloved ones just because of your smiling face you possess that beauty. Smile is contagious, keep smiling , spread happiness :)"
7. Shadows. Without shadows we could not see anything but light. Nothing would be discernible. Thus light, darkness and shadows , along with reflections, all work in harmony as a great beauty of the universe. The sun, stars and moon are all beautiful, yet even stars require darkness, ‘shadows” to see.
8. A Tree. Not just a tree, but all trees. The benefits of trees are so great , it warrants many entire blogs on just why trees are so awesome. “Trees are the most beautiful creation of nature. blog by Rajshree Mathur Ghosh https://www.speakingtree.in/blog/trees-are-the-most-beautiful-creation-of-nature Just one of the reasons he lists is, " So wonderfully giving is their nature. And they give so generously without any grudge or bias. Everything about the Tree is for others. There is so much generosity in the life of a Tree. Only giving is their True nature."
9. Falling in Love. Perhaps arguable from a psychological standpoint, but falling in love is a transformation into a new plane. It is to tap, involuntary as if some power greater than ourselves, an otherwise unknown world of feeling. It has it’s own power and consciousness, is mysterious and intangible yet real to anyone in love or has fallen in love. With this being said, Love itself, should top any list of most beautiful things as I believe the universe was born, if not from love, then the desire for love.
10. Death. Death is not the end. Death is the way back home. We came to experience humanity, the joys and pains, the mortality of being a human and now we must experience the fruition of this mortality. Death is the doorway to return and our experience as a human has been fulfilled.
continued below nature slideshow.
Of course there are many other beautiful things and if I wrote this list a week ago, or was to write it a year from now. the list would have some things changes, for the laughter of a child, the singing of a bird, a hug, a flower booming, there are so many experiences and things in the universe that would tie for any spot in the top ten. The stars, the rain, water, light, fire, a wedding, and so many more things are beautiful. It’s all beautiful. It would be easier to list the things that are not beautiful and many of those would be also be beautiful if beholden in the right light.
Blog of Rybird with stories, behind the scenes and features of music, art, photography, and spirituality. Creativity and Inspiration along with some personal experiences.
When composers are not composing they are decomposing.
For licensing, “Any Use” of any content on this website please contact Rybird using the contact form at About.
Photography brings me closer to nature, which I discovered holds great truth and beauty.